The Noblesville policeman and the two boys are standing at the corner of Ninth and Logan streets in downtown Noblesville. One can only speculate as to what event prompted this encounter. Whatever the reason, the officer appears to have the situation under control. The photo was taken around 1940, at a time when the population of the city was 5,575 (about 1/10th of what it is today). They are standing in front of the American National Bank which was at that location from 1928 until it was purchased by Ameritrust National Bank in 1986 and renamed in 1989. At the time, the bank had an entrance onto Logan Street (it was subsequently removed). Note the brick-lined streets and the Interurban railroad tracks in the middle of Ninth Street.