8/10/2014 1:52:00 PM 'Corner Drug Store Trade Card'
Brad Cook Brad Cook's Hamilton County
The Corner Drug Store was located at the southwest corner of Conner and Ninth streets in downtown Noblesville. The store was already 12 years old when the Seely Manufacturing Co. started producing perfumes and extracts in Detroit, in 1862. The advertising trade card featured flowers because Seely based its line of perfumes on specific flowers. It made Jasmine (1869), Orchid (1890), Purple Lilac and White Rose (1893), Violet Flowers and American Roses (1899) and dozens of other perfumes named after flowers. The drug store remained downtown for 144 years and it advertised that it was "Indiana's Oldest Drug Store." Use of the site for a drug store ended when Revco bought the business in 1994 and then closed the store.