Carmel Common Council
Monday, Jan. 10, 2022 – 5 p.m.
Council Chambers/City Hall/One Civic Square
1. Call to Order
2. Agenda Approval
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Recognition of city employees and outstanding citizens
6. Recognition of persons who wish to address the Council
7. Council and Mayoral comments/observations
8. Consent Agenda
a. Approval of Minutes
1. Dec. 20, 2021 Regular Meeting
2. Dec. 30, 2021 Special Meeting
1. General Claims
2. Retirement $98,269.58
3. Wire Transfers $32,041,527.51
9. ACTION ON MAYORAL VETOES
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Finance, Utilities and Rules Committee
b. Land Use and Special Studies Committee
c. All reports designated by the Chair to qualify for placement under this category.
11. OTHER REPORTS – (at the first meeting of the month specified below):
a. Carmel Redevelopment Commission (Monthly)
b. Carmel Historic Preservation Commission (Quarterly – January, April, July, October)
c. Audit Committee (Bi-annual – May, October)
d. Redevelopment Authority (Bi-annual – April, October)
e. Carmel Cable and Telecommunications Commission (Bi-annual – April, October)
f. Economic Development Commission (Bi-annual – February, August)
g. Library Board (Annual – February)
h. Ethics Board (Annual – February)
i. Public Art Committee (Annual – August)
j. Parks Department (Quarterly – February, May, August, November)
k. All reports designated by the Chair to qualify for placement under this category.
12. OLD BUSINESS
a. Third Reading of Ordinance Z-670-21; An Ordinance of the Common Council of the City of Carmel, Indiana, Amending the WestClay Village Planned Unit Development District Ordinance; Sponsor: Councilor Rider. Remains in the Land Use and Special Studies Committee.
Ordinance amends the WestClay Village Planned Unit Development District, as amended, to apply the five hundred (500) foot setback from residentially used property for gas station pumps, pump islands and vent pipes set forth in Ordinance Z-669-21 to the WestClay PUD district.
13. PUBLIC HEARINGS
14. NEW BUSINESS
a. Resolution CC-01-10-22-01: A Resolution of the Common Council of the City of Carmel, Indiana, Authorizing the Investment of Public Funds Pursuant to IC 5-13-9-5; Sponsor(s): Councilor(s) Rider, Aasen, Campbell, Finkam and Worrell.
This resolution authorizes the solicitation of quotes for, and investment in, certificates of deposit.
b. Resolution CC-01-10-22-02: A Resolution of the Common Council of the City of Carmel, Indiana, Approving a Transfer of Funds Between the Grant Fund (CFD)(#900) and the General Fund (#101); Sponsor(s): Councilor(s) Rider, Aasen, Campbell and Worrell.
Transfers $75,033.90 from the Grant Fund (CFD)(#900) to the General Fund (#101) so that reimbursements received from the Federal Emergency Management Agency can be used to pay overtime worked by CFD firefighters.
15. AGENDA ADD-ON ITEMS
16. OTHER BUSINESS
a. Approval of CRC Purchase of 611 3rd Ave SW – Remains in the Finance, Utilities and Rules Committee.
b. City Council Appointments
1. Carmel City Center Community Development Corporation (4CDC) (Term Expires
12/31/22, one year term); One appointment.
2. Carmel Redevelopment Commission (Terms Expire 12/31/22, one year terms); Two appointments.
3. Carmel Ethics Board (Democrat) (Term Expires 1/1/24, two year term); One appointment.
4. Carmel Audit Committee (Term Expires 1/1/24, two year term); One appointment.
5. Carmel Public Art Advisory Committee (Terms Expire 1/1/24, two year terms); Nine appointments.
6. Carmel Plan Commission (term expires 12/31/2023, two year term); One Appointment.
7. Carmel Advisory Committee on Disability (terms expire 12/31/2023, two year terms); Four Appointments.
c. 2021 Encumbrances in 2022 – $15,853,374.68 (Acknowledgement Only)