CARMEL PLAN COMMISSION 2/15
Feb. 15, 2022 | Meeting Agenda
Location: Council Chambers
Time: 6 p.m.
Carmel City Hall, 2nd floor (doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
One Civic Square, Carmel, Ind. 46032
How to view electronically:
- AT&T Cable Ch. 99
- Digital Ch. 64.45
- Metronet Ch. 33
- Spectrum Cable Ch. 340
A. Call Meeting to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Roll Call
D. Declaration of Quorum
E. Approval of Minutes
F. Communications, Bills, Expenditures, & Legal Counsel Report
1. Plan Commission Resolution PC-2-15-22-a: CRC Resolution 2021-26 proposes to amend the Declaratory Resolution and Redevelopment Plan for the City Center Redevelopment Area to add a new allocation area to be known as the “Studio M Allocation Area.”
2. Plan Commission Resolution PC-2-15-22-b: CRC Resolution 2021-27 proposes to amend the Declaratory Resolution and Redevelopment Plan for the City Center Redevelopment Area to 1) remove parcels from the existing City Center Amendment Area, 2) designate this area as a separate allocation area to be known as the “Monon Square North Allocation Area.”
3. Plan Commission Resolution PC-2-15-22-c: CRC Resolution 2021-29 proposes to amend the Declaratory Resolution and Development Plan for the Old Town Economic Development Area in order to make the Smokey and Monon Allocation Area conform to the new parcels that are being developed after re-platting.
G. Reports, Announcements & Department Concerns
i. Outcome of Projects at Committees:
i. Docket No. PZ-2021-00205 DP/ADLS: 11335 N. Michigan Rd. Apartments – Discussed, then continued to March 1, 2022 Commercial Committee meeting 3-0.
i. Docket No. PZ-2020-00081 DP/ADLS: The Steadman Apartment Community at The Bridges and
ii. Docket No. PZ-2021-00247 V: Bridges PUD Z-550-11 Sec. 13.9.D: Right-in/Right-out access only onto 111th St., Full Access onto 111th St. Requested – Sent back to full Plan Commission meeting on March 15, 2022 with Positive Recommendation 3-0.
iii. Docket No. PZ-2021-00204 PUD: Flora on Springmill PUD Rezone – Sent back to full Plan Commission with Positive Recommendation 3-0.
H. Public Hearings
1. Docket No. PZ-2021-00222 Z: Boyd Old Meridian C2 Rezone.
The applicant seeks to rezone 2 parcels from the UC/Urban Core District to the C-2/Mixed Use District. The site is generally located at 12895 Old Meridian Street. Filed by Mike Hollibaugh with the Department of Community Services on behalf of the Carmel Plan Commission.
3. Docket No. PZ-2022-00006 Z: Farmer West Main Street C2 Rezone.
The applicant seeks to rezone 2 parcels from the UC/Urban Core District to the C-2/Mixed Use District. The site is generally located at 1017 West Main Street. Filed by Mike Hollibaugh with the Department of Community Services on behalf of the Carmel Plan Commission.
4. Docket No. PZ-2022-00015 ZW: 4810 Northwestern Drive – Waiver for no perimeter curbs requested.
The applicant seeks waiver approval to not install perimeter curbs to enhance on-site storm water quality best management practices (BMPs) per UDO Section 5.28 (E) 2. The project is for a new auto repair building (9,600 sq. ft.) on 3.5 acres. The site is located at 4810 Northwestern Drive. It is zoned I-1/Industrial and is not located within any overlay zone. Filed by Charlie Mattox of Crossroad Engineers on behalf of the owner.
I. Old Business
1. Docket No. PZ-2021-00204 PUD: Flora on Springmill PUD Rezone.
The applicant seeks PUD rezone approval to allow a new subdivision consisting of townhomes, duplex homes, and single-family homes. The site is located at 9950 Spring Mill Rd. and is zoned S-2/Residence. Filed by Jim Shinaver and Jon Dobosiewicz of Nelson & Frankenberger on behalf of Pittman Partners and Onyx and East, LLC.
J. New Business K. Adjournment