Valentine, First Friday, snow tubing, music, more
Here are 25 things to put on your calendar, from now through February.
1. Check out Nickel Plate Arts’ February First Friday’s Love, Lust & Poetry” exhibit from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. today at the Nickel Plate Arts campus, plus a special showcase by Kathryn Smith and live music.
2. Enjoy live music with Sam King from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. today at Primeval Brewing in Noblesville.
3. Dance to My Yellow Rickshaw band at 9 p.m. today at Ale Emporium in Fishers.
4. Watch high school choirs, including Noblesville, compete all day Saturday at the 12th annual Fishers Silver Spotlight at Fishers High School.
5. Enjoy the music of Stella Luna & The Satellites at 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Alley’s Alehouse at Pinheads in Fishers.
6. Anglers can discover what’s new from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Indiana Fishing Expo at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville.
7. The Koteewi Run Seasonal Slopes is open daily through Feb. 22 for snow tubing at Hamilton County Parks’ Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville.
8. Hearthside Suppers will be offered Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, through March 13 at Conner Prairie in Fishers.
9. Celebrate Little Valentine with some Valentine’s Day fun from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Feb. 10 at Forest Park Lodge in Noblesville.
10. Main Street Productions presents the play, “Of Mice & Men” by John Steinbeck, Feb. 10-20, at Basile Westfield Playhouse, with James H. Williams directing.
11. The Spring Home and Outdoor Living Show is 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at Grand Park Sports Campus in Westfield.
12. Celebrate Valentine’s Day Date Night at 6 p.m. Feb. 11 at Nickel Plate Arts in Noblesville , with tickets $15 to $50.
13. Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville annual Sunrisers Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast to celebrate youth basketball season 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Feb. 12 at the BGCN Community Center in Noblesville.
14. Westfield, Zionsville and Tipton County Chambers of Commerce will present the Hoosier Chocolate Fest, a 21-and-older event from noon to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at The Bridgewater Club in Westfield, with $45 reservations.
15. The Nickel Plate Express will pay tribute to the history of trains featured in romantic movies from the past during a Feb. 12-13 two-day special family and adult Valentine’s Excursions, departing out of Forest Park near downtown Noblesville.
16. A Parents’ Night Out and Slightly Over the Top celebration is being offered 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at the Hamilton County Sports Complex in Noblesville for ages 4-13.
17. Grab your friends and head for the Galentine’s Brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 13 at Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy at Nickel Plate Arts Campus in downtown Noblesville.
18. Audition for the cast of “Flaming Idiots” by Tom Rooney, directed by Brian Nichols, at 6 p.m. Feb. 13 at Basile Westfield Playhouse in downtown Westfield, with performance dates March 31-April 10.
19. Visit the seventh annual Winter Blast 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 19 at Clay Terrace in Carmel.
20. Dare to join the Westfield Haunted Underground Railroad Ghost Walk at 7 p.m. Feb. 19 in Westfield, with reservations required at unseenpress.com
21. The next free day at Conner Prairie in Fishers is President’s Day Feb. 21, featuring Discovery Station with story times and special raccoon tea parties; make and take a terry cloth; and Presidential Games, Parlor Games and Party Pre with First Ladies.
22. Noblesville Parks & Recreation’s Daddy-Daughter Princess Ball will be 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at Mill Top Conference & Banquet Center in Noblesville, with registration required.
23. Noblesville Miller Palooza Aloha-style fundraiser to benefit Noblesville Schools Education Foundation is March 4 at Embassy Suites in Noblesville, with tickets at $125 each.
24. Carmel Community Players presents “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime,” Feb. 25-March 6, at the CAT, with Larry Adams directing.
25. The Belfry Theatre presents “The Lilies of the Field,” by F. Andrew Leslie from the novel by William E. Barrett, March 18-27, at Ivy Tech Hamilton County in Noblesville, with Linnea Leatherman directing.
-Contact Betsy Reason at Betsy@thetimes24-7.com