Meeting Notes: Carmel Plan Commission 04-19-2022
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 | Meeting Agenda
Location: Council Chambers
Time: 6 p.m.
Carmel City Hall, 2nd Floor (Doors open at 5:30 Pm)
One Civic Square, Carmel, Ind. 46032
How to view electronically:
- AT&T Cable Ch. 99
- Digital Ch. 64.45
- Metronet Ch. 33
- Spectrum Cable Ch. 340
- Call Meeting to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Declaration of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes
- Communications, Bills, Expenditures, & Legal Counsel Report
- Plan Commission Resolution PC-04-19-22-a: CRC Res. 2022-3 created a new “Michigan Road Economic Development Area” and Allocation Area and approved an Economic Development Plan for the area.
- Plan Commission Resolution PC-04-19-22-b: CRC Res. 2022-4 created a new “Flora Economic Development Area” and Allocation Area and approved an Economic Development Plan for the area.
- Plan Commission Resolution PC-04-19-22-c: CRC Res. 2022-5 created a new “Concourse Allocation Area” within the existing Old Town Economic Development Area and adopted a supplement to the plan for the area.
- Plan Commission Resolution PC-04-19-22-d: CRC Res. 2022-6 created a new “ERS Old Meridian and Main Allocation Area” within the existing Old Meridian Economic Development Area and adopted a supplement to the plan for the area.
- Reports, Announcements & Department Concerns
- Outcome of Projects at Committees:
- Docket No. PZ-2021-00205 DP/ADLS: 11335 N. Michigan Rd. Apartments – 3-0 favorable recommendation to the full Plan Commission.
- Docket No. PZ-2021-00139 DP/ADLS: Oberweis – That Burger Joint – Woodgrain Pizzeria – 3-0 favorable recommendation to the full Plan Commission.
- Docket No. PZ-2022-00001 DP/ADLS: Culver’s – discussed, then continued to May 5 Commercial Committee.
- Residential: Cancelled due to no items to review.
- Public Hearings
1. Docket No. PZ-2022-00025 PPA: Five-Ten Subdivision Amendment.
2. Docket No. PZ-2022-00053 SW: Five-Ten Subdivision Street Frontage Waiver – UDO Sec. 7.17.A: Lots shall have direct access to a public street, Access from an alley and an access easement requested. The applicant seeks primary plat amendment approval to reconfigure 2 lots and 2 blocks into 3 lots on 1.95 acres. The applicant also seeks a design standards waiver to allow to 2 new lots to be created that front on the Monon Trail instead of a street. The site is located at 510 1st Avenue NW and is zoned R2/Residence within the Old Town Overlay Zone and Monon Overlay. Filed by Tom Lazzara of Custom Living USA.
- Old Business
- Docket No. PZ-2021-00247 V: The Steadman Apartment Community at The Bridges Variance from Bridges PUD Z-550-11 Sec. 13.9.D: Right-in/Right-out access only onto 111th St., Full Access onto 111th St. Requested. The applicant seeks site plan and design approval and a variance for a new apartment community consisting of 260 units in 5 buildings. The site is located at the northeast corner of Springmill Road and 111th Street, on about 12.5 acres. It is zoned The Bridges PUD, Ordinance Z-550-11. Filed by Jim Shinaver and Jon Dobosiewicz of Nelson & Frankenberger on behalf of Cityscape Residential, LLC.
- Docket No. PZ-2021-00139 DP/ADLS: Oberweis – That Burger Joint – Woodgrain Pizzeria. The applicant seeks site plan and design approval for a restaurant on a 1.15 acre vacant parcel. The site is located at 10920 N. Michigan Road, which is the SW corner of Weston Pointe Blvd. and Michigan Rd./US 421. It is zoned B-3/Business and is located in the US 421 Overlay Zone. Filed by Joe Oberweis, owner.
- Docket No. PZ-2021-00205 DP/ADLS: 11335 N. Michigan Rd. Apartments. The applicant seeks site plan and design approval for a new development with 4 future outlots and an apartment complex (244 units). The site is located at 11335 N. Michigan Road. It is zoned B-3/Business & Residential and is located within the US 421 Overlay zone. Filed by Ryan Wells of REI Real Estate Services, LLC.
- New Business