From November 11 through 17, Jim Dandy Restaurants will be celebrating their 55th year of doing business in Indiana. Featured items in the celebration include drawings at each location, Greenfield, Tipton and Noblesville, with a grand prize of $500 in gift certificates from each location, and other food prizes daily and for the week.
There will be daily super food specials all week such as the namesake Jim Dandy® double-deck burger for only 2.99 on Friday, November 15.
Join Jim Dandy on Facebook for more details, or sign up at the restaurant for email notices.
History of Jim Dandy:
Jim Dandy Restaurants are owned and operated by the Reasner family. Founder Harry Reasner started in the restaurant business with the purchase of the Polar Bear Frozen Custard stand in 1950. By 1955, Reasner had built and opened the Riley Park Drive-in in Greenfield and purchased the A&W Drive-in in Tipton. The famous Jim Dandy® double-deck burger was developed and first offered at the Riley Park Drive-in on March 13, 1958. Reasner then built and opened the all new Jim Dandy Drive-in in Noblesville in 1964. Also in 1964, the name of the Riley Park Drive-in in Greenfield was changed to Jim Dandy. A few months later, the A&W in Tipton was torn down and an all new Jim Dandy Drive-in was constructed and opened on the property.
Today the Jim Dandys are operated by the sons of the founder, Dave and Brent Reasner. They have maintained the philosophy of operation and community involvement that have led to the success of the restaurants over their 55 years.