FISHERS - The Fishers boy's lacrosse team split a pair of games over the weekend, beating Libertyville, Ill., 10-7, but falling to Lexington, Ky., Catholic, 17-6.

Against Libertyville Friday, Tigers would score first as senior midfielder Joel Smyth (3 goals, 1 assist) found the back of the net off of an assist from senior attackman Joe O'Connell (4 assists).

The Libertyville Wildcats would score at the 2:05 mark in the quarter to tie the game but the Tigers would score 2 more goals before the end of the quarter to give themselves a lead of 3-1 entering the second quarter.

The Tigers continued to build on their lead in the second quarter by winning the ground ball battle which provided extra possessions and opportunities for goals in transition.

In the second half the Tigers totaled 19 ground balls to Libertyville's 4. Senior midfielder Max Shores (1 Goal) would create transition by earning ground balls for the team, getting the ball into transition and at times saving the ball from going out of bounds.

Senior attackman Justin Wilson (5 Goals) would take advantage of the transition and score 3 of his 5 goals in the second quarter. The score at the half was 7-2 Tigers.

The Wildcats would rally in the second half pulling to within 3 goals in the fourth quarter. Justin Wilson's final goal of the day and tenth for the Tigers would give the Tigers a 10-6 lead with 5:05 remaining in the game.

The Wildcats would manage to score their seventh goal of the game to again pull within 3 goals. The Tigers would find themselves in the penalty box twice before the clock expired but the Tiger man down defense would hold.

Against Lexington Catholic, The Tigers struggled with turnovers, committing 23 in the game.

The Knights scored at the 5:20 mark of the 1st quarter. The Tigers would respond with a goal by senior midfielder Max Shores (3 goals) to tie the game up at 1 goal apiece. However, the Tigers would continue to have trouble maintaining possession of the ball throughout the game. The final score at the end of the first quarter was 3-1 Knights.

Fishers senior attackman Justin Wilson scored off of a strong dodge from the wing giving the Tigers a much needed goal in the second. The score was 3-2 Knights when the Knights would go on a 3 goal run and take a lead of 6-2 and the Tigers were unable to recover. The score leading into half time was 7-3.

Senior midfielder Cam Geiselman (1 goal) would score a goal at the 10:23 mark of the third quarter to give some life to the Tigers but the Knights would respond with another 4 goal run and the score leading into the fourth quarter was 12-4. The Knights would score an additional 5 goals in the fourth and Max Shores would add another 2 goals for the Tigers.

Fishers is scheduled to play Guerin Wednesday.