Have you ever been to the Special Olympics Indiana's State Summer Games?

It's such an incredible experience. For the athletes, it's a time to showcase all their hard work. The competition is fierce and the experience is exhilarating. For the volunteers, it's a time of great inspiration.

Money is never an easy conversation and it's rarely a fun one. Since Special Olympics is a non-profit organization, money is important topic. The SOHC's County Management Team is committed to making our financials transparent.

SOHC has new fundraisers on the horizon.

In August, AVC Auto has scheduled a golf outing at Bear Slide. September will bring SOHC's first ever Special Olympics Talent Show and the Athlete Dance-a-thon will be coming back in October.

Fundraising efforts helps SOHC raise almost 75 percent of its annual budget. The other 25 percent comes from donations.

SOHC is providing those interested with an athlete sponsor form. The form is a way to make a donation, or pass along to friends and family members who would like to donate. There is no obligation to donate.

You can also donate your time by joining one of our fundraising committees. For more information contact Missee Foster at sohcsports@gmail.com.