Jan. 18, 2022 | Meeting Agenda
Location: Council Chambers Time: 6 p.m.
Carmel City Hall, 2nd Floor (Doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
One Civic Square, Carmel, In 46032
How to view electronically:
• AT&T Cable Ch. 99
• Digital Ch. 64.45
• Metronet Ch. 33
• Spectrum Cable Ch. 340
A. Call Meeting to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Roll Call
D. Declaration of Quorum
E. Approval of Minutes
F. Communications, Bills, Expenditures, & Legal Counsel Report
1. Swearing-in of Members
2. Election of President
3. Election of Vice-President
4. Election of Member to the Board of Zoning Appeals
5. Election of Member to Hamilton County Plan Commission
6. Election of Member-at-Large
G. Reports, Announcements & Department Concerns
1. Outcome of Projects at Committees:
a. Commercial: Docket No. PZ-2021-00160 CA: W. Main St. Block C2, Commitment Amend. – Sent back to full PC with Positive Recommendation 3-1.
i. Docket No. PZ-2021-00195 DP/ADLS: Matriarch Birth Center – Approved 4-0.
ii. Docket No. PZ-2021-00204 PUD: Flora on Springmill PUD Rezone – Continued to Feb. 1 mtg.
H. Public Hearings
1. Docket No. PZ-2020-00081 DP/ADLS: The Steadman Apartment Community at the Bridges.
2. Docket No. PZ-2021-00247 V: Bridges PUD Z-550-11 Sec. 13.9.D: Right-in/Right-out access only onto 111th St., Full Access onto 111th St. Requested
The applicant seeks site plan and design approval and one variance for a new apartment community consisting of 260 units in 5 buildings. The site is located at the northeast corner of Springmill Road and 111th Street, on about 12.5 acres. It is zoned The Bridges PUD, Ordinance Z-550-11. Filed by Jim Shinaver and Jon Dobosiewicz of Nelson & Frankenberger on behalf of Cityscape Residential, LLC.
3. Docket No. PZ-2021-00217 DP/ADLS: 4810 Northwestern Drive – Building Addition.
The applicant seeks site plan and design approval for a new auto repair building (9,600 sq. ft.) on 3.5 acres. The site is located at 4810 Northwestern Drive. It is zoned I-1/Industrial and is not located within any overlay zone. Filed by Charlie Mattox of Crossroad Engineers on behalf of the owner.
4. Docket No. PZ-2021-00249 SW: Reserve at Springmill, Cul-de-sac Waiver – UDO Sec. 6.09: Max Cul-de-sac Length 600 ft., 696 ft. Requested.
The applicant seeks a design standards waiver to increase the length of the Sanner Ct. Cul-de-sac to 696 ft. to accommodate the addition of 4 new lots. The site is located at 340 Sanner Ct. and is zoned S-2/Residence. Filed by Duane Sharrer of Weihe Engineers, Inc on behalf of Steve Pittman, owner.
I. Old Business
1. Docket No. PZ-2021-00160 CA: West Main St. Block C2, Commitment Amendment.
The applicant seeks to amend commitments associated with Ordinance Z-611-16. The site is located at the southeast corner of Main Street and 4th Avenue SW. The properties are zoned R-2/Residence and C-2/Mixed Use District within the Old Town Overlay. Filed by the Department of Community Services on behalf of the Carmel Plan Commission.
J. New Business