Carmel Board of Zoning Appeals
Monday, January 24, 2022
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Carmel City Hall Council Chambers, 2nd Flr., 1 Civic Sq., Carmel, IN 46032
• This In-Person meeting will be on Carmel TV and livestreamed on http://carmelin.new.swagit.com/views/1
• The meeting will be audio recorded and minutes taken by the BZA Secretary
• The recordings will be available via Laserfiche online
A. Call to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Roll Call
D. Declaration of Quorum, Swearing-in of Members, and Officer Elections
1. Swearing-in of New Members
2. Election of President
3. Election of Vice President
E. Approval of Minutes and Findings of Facts of Previous Meetings
F. Communications, Bills, and Expenditures
G. Reports, Announcements, Legal Counsel Report, and Department Concerns
1. BZA Rules of Procedure amendment regarding voting method
H. Public Hearings
(SUA, V) Carmel High School Natatorium.
The applicant seeks the following special use amendment and development standards variance approvals:
1. Docket No. PZ-2021-00235 V UDO Section 5.39.H Total number of signs, 2 additional requested.
2. Docket No. PZ-2021-00236 V UDO Section 2.10 Maximum 35’ building height allowed, 66’ requested.
3. Docket No. PZ-2021-00237 V UDO Section 5.30 2,933 parking spaces required, 2,445 requested.
4. Docket No. PZ-2021-00238 SUA UDO Sections 2.09 & 9.09 Greater than 10% special use amendment expansion requested.
The site is located at 520 E. Main St. It is zoned R2/Residence. Filed by Amy Allison of TLF Engineers, on behalf of Carmel Clay Schools.
I. New Business
J. Old Busines