Westfield comedy, golf fundraiser, bird walks, more, among 25 things
A comedy at Basile Westfield Playhouse, bird walks, TopGolf fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club and more are among the 25 things to do this weekend and beyond in today’s list of things to do in The Times:
1. Main Street Productions presents “Flaming Idiots” comedy by Tom Rooney, at Basile Westfield Playhouse, at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays, through April 10, directed by Brian Nichols.
2. Grab your binoculars and join Hamilton County Parks for Beginner Bird Walks at 8:30 a.m. Sundays and Wednesdays at Cool Creek Park in Westfield and 8:30 a.m. the first Wednesday, April-June, at Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville.
3. Conner Prairie is now open for the outdoor season on Tuesday with sprucing up of the Treetop Outpost, spring cleaning in Prairietown and Civil War Journey, plus the 1836 Balloon will be open, weather dependent.
4. Bring your favorite vinyl to play on a provided turntable at 5:30 p.m. on Turntable Thursdays at Primeval Brewing in downtown Noblesville.
5. TopGolf Tournament is April 7 at TopGolf Fishers to benefit the Boys & Girls Club.
6. Clean out your paperwork and head to Shred Day 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. April 9 at Hamilton County Household Hazardous Waste Center in Noblesville.
7. Head out early for Noblesville Kiwanis Sunrisers’ annual pancake breakfast 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. April 9 in conjunction with the Noblesville Parks’ annual Easter Egg Hunt at Shelter No. 5 at Forest Park. Cost is $5 for breakfast with proceeds to a local charity.
8. Grab your Easter egg basket and head for Forest Park for Noblesville Parks’ annual Easter egg hunt, featuring the Easter bunny, at 11 a.m. April 9 with festivities — bounce houses, deejay and Noblesville Police and Fire vehicles on tour — beginning at 10 a.m. (Sunrisers Pancake breakfast 8-10:30 a.m. at Forest Park Inn, see above.)
9. Come out for the Wayne-Fall Lions Club’s annual Palm Sunday All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 10, for a goodwill donation, at the Wayne-Fall Lions Club on East 191st Street in Noblesville.
10. Auditions for Main Street Productions’ “Rumors” by Neil Simon, will be April 11-12 with performances June 2-12 at Basile Westfield Playhouse, directed by Jen Otterman of Noblesville.
11. Ready, set, run to find candy inside of eggs during the Hamilton County Junior Leader Easter Egg Hunt at 6 p.m. April 13 at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville.
12. All ages can enjoy the children’s comedy, “The House at Pooh Corner” by Improbable Fiction Co., April 15-24 at The Ivy Tech Auditorium in Noblesville.
13. Blatchley Nature Study Club invites the public to the 2022 Spring Wildflower Walk and Centennial Celebration is 1 to 5 p.m. April 16 and 30 at 125 Boulder Drive in Noblesville near Potter’s Bridge.
14. Visit the annual Fairyville at Nickel Plate Arts and Hamilton County Artists’ Association Birdie Gallery and in downtown Noblesville on April 19-23 with most events free
15. Westfield kicks off Movies in the Plaza series on April 22, featuring Dr. Seuss’ “The Lorax,” at Grand Junction Plaza.
16. Carmel Community Players presents “The Fantasticks” musical, April 22-May 8, directed by Rich Phipps.
17. Celebrate spring with the annual Teter Wildflower Walk with free guided tours at 1, 2 and 3 p.m. or wander on your own between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. April 24 at Teter Organic Farm in Noblesville.
18. Auditions for The Belfry Theatre’s “Drinking Habits” comedy are at 7 p.m. April 24-25 at the Noblesville theater.
19. EnPointe Indiana Ballet will present “Don Quixote, featuring artistic directors Pollyana Ribeiro and Robert Moore of Noblesville, 7 p.m. April 29 and 2 p.m. April 30 at Noblesville High School with tickets available.
20. Handmade Vintage Spring Market is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 30 at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville, with tickets available at handmadevintagemarket.com.
21. Come out and watch or participate in the VFW Indiana Loyalty Day Celebration in the City of Noblesville with lineup at 11 a.m. and parade at noon on April 30, with food, entertainment and awards at the VFW Post 6246 on South Ninth Street. Parade starts at Ivy Tech Hamilton County in Noblesville. To be a sponsor or a participant, contact the VFW Post.
22. The Attic Theatre presents “Sense & Sensibility” May 5-7.
23. Get dressed up and join in for the 14th annual “Wine, Wags & Whiskers” at 6 p.m. May 8 at Embassy Suites in Noblesville.
24. The Boys & Girls Club Auxiliary Auction is May 14 at Harbour Trees.
25. Get up early for the 23rd annual Hamilton County Master Gardener Plant Sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 21 at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville.
– Contact Betsy Reason at [email protected]