Noblesville Student Gives Back, Volunteers at Gleaners Food Banks
Indiana Connections Academy’s National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) chapter recently completed a day of service at Gleaners Food Bank. Students, including Lucas Gorman from Noblesville, Ind. packed 300 family food boxes, enough food to feed 1,020 members of the community.
The National Junior Honor Society includes students in grades six – nine who have demonstrated the five pillars of the NJHS. Qualifications for membership include:
- Per national guidelines, students must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standard of excellence.
- This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, without compensation.
- Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
- The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement; has high regard for freedom and justice; respects democracy; respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.