Fishers Fire Department Hosts Training in Neighborhoods Through End of Summer
Fishers Firefighters will be performing firefighting drills in various neighborhoods over the summer starting on Tuesday. Crews will put hose on the ground, spray some water and be available to speak with those in the neighborhood about what we do and the equipment we use. This is a great opportunity to meet and see up close, the community’s firefighters and the work they are prepared for. The drills will start at 7 p.m. and will last roughly an hour.
Fishers Fire Chief Steven Orusa said, ““Fishers is a place that is unique; it fosters a sense of authentic human attachment and belonging. The Neighborhood Drill Program facilitates families connecting with their firefighters. It builds a bond between community and firefighters beyond the 911 call. It nurtures a feeling of belonging and leads to greater stewardship for us and the citizens we serve.”
Below is a schedule for when firefighters will appear in neighborhoods.
*Subject to change due to emergencies, weather or other unforeseen obstacles.
- Shoe Overlook Drive – Lantern Woods
- Fawns Run – Fawnsbrook Woods
- Oak Tree Lane – Hickory Woods
- Talon Crest Dr/Duval Dr. – Gray Eagle
- Sanderling Trace/Merlin Ct. – The Hawthornes
- Straightwood Ln./Dekoven Dr. – Tanglewood
- Briar Stone Ln/Heather Ln – Berkley Grove
- Dover Ct/Stratford Way – Oxford Park
- Sunnybrook Pl/Riverside Way – Riverside
- Windbreak Ct – Valley Springs
- Claymount Ln – Walnut Creek
- Whitetail Cir – Windermere
- Meadow Lake Dr/Aurora Ct – Auburn Springs
- Gilbert Lane/Pearce Pl – Sedona Woods
- Tybalt Dr/Sweetbriar Pkwy – Sweetbriar South
- Milton Ct/Brookfield Dr – Brooks Manor
- Chrisfield Ln/Springstone Rd – Springs of Cambridge
- Madera Ct/Sedalia Dr – Bridger Pines