Rock Legends Pat Benatar, Neil Giraldo Claim Final Two Spots in Lineup for 2022 State Fair
Yesterday, the Indiana State Fair announced the addition of 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo as the final addition to its exceptional lineup that will take place on the Hoosier Lottery Free Stage. The 2022 Indiana State Fair will take place July 29 through Aug. 21, and is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. The lineup each year consists of some of music’s most legendary acts and this year is no exception. All shows at the Hoosier Lottery Free Stage are free with paid fair admission and seating is first-come, first-served. A limited number of premium section access tickets will also be made available at a later time. All shows start at 7:30 p.m., unless noted otherwise.
The 2022 Hoosier Lottery Free Stage at the Indiana State Fair schedule includes:
- Kansas – Friday, July 29 (opening day)
- Jesse McCartney – Saturday, July 30
- We The Kingdom – Sunday, July 31
- Chaka Khan – Wednesday, Aug. 3
- Gone 2 Paradise (Tribute to Jimmy Buffett) – Thursday, Aug. 4
- Travis Tritt – Friday, Aug. 5
- The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band – Saturday, Aug. 6
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – Sunday, Aug. 7
- Trace Adkins – Wednesday, Aug. 10
- Too Fighters (A Tribute to Foo Fighters) – Thursday, Aug. 11
- KC & The Sunshine Band – Friday, Aug. 12
- El Dia de los Latinos en la Feria del Estado de Indiana presented by Radio Latina (Latino-Fest at the Indiana State Fair) – Saturday, Aug. 13
- Zach Williams – Sunday, Aug. 14
- Happy Together Tour featuring The Turtles, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, The Classics IV, The Vogues, The Cowsills – Wednesday, Aug. 17
- Small Town (A Tribute to John Mellencamp) – Thursday, Aug. 18
- Carly Pearce – Friday, Aug. 19
- Vixen & Autograph – Saturday, Aug. 20
- Gospel Music Day featuring Fred Hammond – Sunday, Aug. 21
Sarah M. Taylor, executive director of the Hoosier Lottery, noted, “The Hoosier Lottery Free Stage has become a ‘winning ticket’ for all fairgoers. This week, the Hoosier Lottery is launching a Premium Concert Ticket Giveaway providing an opportunity for myLOTTERY members and music lovers to win the best seats to a summer concert of their choice.”
The 2022 Indiana State Fair is scheduled to open on Friday, July 29 and runs through August 21, when you can enjoy The Greatest 18 Days of Summer at this iconic Hoosier tradition. For more information, please visit www.indianastatefair.com or follow the Indiana State Fair on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The 2022 Indiana State Fair will be Fun at the Speed of Summer with the theme of Celebrating Indiana’s Automotive Excellence, presented by Tom Wood Automotive Group.
Artist Bios for New Additions:
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo:
- Pat Benatar’s staggering vocals and take-no-prisoners attitude, along with Neil Giraldo’s trailblazing artistry as a guitarist, producer and songwriter forged the undeniable chemistry and unique sound that created some of rock’s most memorable hits including “We Belong,” “Invincible”, “Love Is A Battlefield,” “Promises In The Dark,” “We Live For Love,” “Heartbreaker” and “Hell Is For Children.” Together they have created two multi-platinum, five platinum and three gold albums, as well as 19 Top 40 hits. They have sold over 30 million records worldwide and have won an unprecedented four consecutive GRAMMY awards. Their rock and roll love affair has endured for more than three and a half decades. Pat and Neil continue to tour, selling out concerts everywhere. Their chemistry will undoubtedly be thrilling music fans forever. In 2022, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
For over 30 years, Hoosier Lottery distributions have benefited every county throughout Indiana. The Hoosier Lottery has contributed more than $6 billion to good causes, including $30 million to local police and firefighters’ pensions and $30 million to the Teachers’ Retirement Fund annually. The Hoosier Lottery has earned World Lottery Association Level 4 Certification through 2024 for achieving the highest level of responsible gaming. To learn more about the Hoosier Lottery, visit HoosierLottery.com/GivingBack and follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Indiana State Fair is the state’s largest multi-day event celebrating the Hoosier spirit and agricultural heritage. These 18 days bring all communities together to celebrate all things Indiana and promote it to hundreds of thousands of people across the state, and beyond. Nationally recognized for offering great entertainment, showcasing youth and interactive agriculture educational programs, premiere facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair has been an annual attraction for generations of Hoosiers since 1852. For information, visit www.indianastatefair.com